Monday, September 23, 2013

Liebe Familie

Alles Gute Hier in Duetschland. Another week has passed. Another great week to mark in the books. I am glad to hear that everyone is safe and that mom is home safely. That would be such a neat experience painting in the temple. The temple is an amazing place no matter what. I am blessed to still be serving here in Friedrichsdorf where the temple is. Its such a beautiful place and the Germans are so humble and love the temple.

This week was more of a struggle week for us. This week we had 5 appointments fall out and it just seemed this week the German wasn't there. Some days speaking German is really easy and then other days nothing seems to come out and make sense. This week was definitely one of those struggle weeks for us but we made the best out of it.

There are some days on the mission that are the best days of your lives and then some days where nothing seems to go right.. The Lord definitely tests your patience and is a task sometimes. But you really learn how to just take everything how it is and laugh about it. There is a mormon message actually about that. I believe its called, "Come What May and Accept It." Sometimes in our lives we wonder why things come up. But if we take it as something to learn, then things become a lot better. The mission teaches you a lot about yourself. Dont look forward. Take it 1 day at a time.

Thomas and Shirley are yet still incredible.. I don't even know what to write about them anymore because they are so awesome. They just love hearing from us and are seriously the nicest people I have ever met. They have become family to us and they accept us as one of them. Shirley is making a ton of progress and is almost there. She just says she needs to find it for herself now. But she is searching and praying and receiving answers to those prayers. Everything is going well with them. We teach them again 2 more times this week.

Apart from the 5 appointments that fell out this week everything is going good. Its definitely been a challenge but it's been good. Elder Smith and I get a long really well. He is such a funny guy and I am grateful for him to be my companion. Our German is about the same and so sometimes when we are talking with people it gets really funny. Because its not perfect but we understand almost everything. Haha so there have been some funny moments. But the mission is something you must enjoy but yet get the work done.  OHH... And I have gained 6kg.... which is 12 pounds.. yeah thats been a little rough :) haha

If you get the chance. Watch the Mormon message, "The Will Of God." It is such a powerful Mormon message and there are a lot of things to learn from it. It is one of my favorite Mormon messages. I am a changed person now. I figured out the things I needed to. I am more friendly and love talking to people. The mission humbles you so much. I have been humbled. I know our Father in Heaven has a plan for all of us.

Machts Gut!

Love you all



Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment