Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Awesome Week



Thank you everyone so much for all the birthday wishes. It was such a great birthday and I absolutely loved everyone’s letters. It sounds like everything is going great and everyone is just enjoying life. The birthday was a lot of fun we went over to the Robertson’s who are actually from England. They are such a cool family and I will forever be friends with them. They pretty much took me in as their son that day so that was really cool.
The baptism went through!! The first baptism I have seen and taught Jose all the lessons. It was really cool to see his progress and see how happy he was. A member in our ward actually baptized him so he would get in better with the ward. The ward is really taking care of him and they are so happy for him. He is such a great guy. After he was baptized, he whispered to us that he has never felt that way in his life and that he feels like a new person. It was so humbling and I will always remember that experience teaching him.
Transfer calls were this week and... Elder Lindsey will be leaving me! I have learned so much from him and we are seriously like brothers. He has taught me so much about missionary work and about myself and I am so grateful for him. We will always be really good friends. He is going down to Heidelburg to be a zone leader. So I will be staying here in Friedrichsdorf.. My new companion is Elder Smith. He is from England and I have heard he is an awesome, funny guy. So I am excited to meet him. I am glad I am staying here in Friedrichsdorf because we are teaching so many great families and the ward Is finally coming together. I love missionary work.

Thomas, Shirley, and David are honestly some of the coolest people! I have never met a better prepared family then them. A cool story about them: So they are actually a referral from the Robertson Family from England I was telling you about. Their son David and the Robertson's son, Tom, go to school together and so that’s how they met. The Robertson family invited them to a Ward Activity we had and the members just started greeting them and that’s where it started. Elder Lindsey and I had a lesson back in the first of June with them to see where their interest level was and they said they are super interested in religion but at the time they were leaving to Malaysia for a whole month and that they would like to meet with us when they got back. A month passed and we have met with them ever since about the 2nd week of August. Thomas had a little background of the Bible but wasn’t really religious. Thomas is from Germany and has lived in a town called Koeppern all his life. He met Shirley who is from Malaysia and is one of the nicest ladies you will ever meet. They have been married for about 10 years now and have a son David who is 7. Shirley has no background of any religion because her family I believe were Buddhist. So we have had to explain a little bit more in detail about everything. They are such a great family and have us over to eat about 2 times a week and just love learning new things. David sometimes participates in the lessons but usually just being a 7 year old he goes in his room and loves staying active. We have taught them about the first 2 lessons out of Preach My Gospel and they are just soaking it in. Actually a cool side story.. Thomas was searching on the internet about the church and he read about the Word of Wisdom.. He told Shirley he read something on the internet about how Mormons don’t drink alcohol and so he went to his fridge and got all his alcohol and said to Shirley that he can’t drink it anymore. So he took all his alcohol to his parents’ house. Just stories like that keeping up. We just received a text from him asking about the Baptism Requirements he needed to know.. We haven’t even set a baptismal date. But they are such an awesome family and I am excited to still be able to teach them
Anyways, thanks for all the support and love. I am so appreciative of the people I have in my life. I have never been this happy in my life. I feel like I am helping people and it has changed me. I also want to say a big Happy Birthday to my Grandma Parris. I had the great opportunity to be born on the same day as her. I have learned so much from her and I have been so blessed with her in my life. Thanks Grandma for everything and again Happy Birthday. I love you all.
Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment