Monday, March 17, 2014

March Madness

Let the games begin, right? I can't believe it's already this time of year again and we are in the March Madness season. This is always one of my favorite times of the year. So enjoy the games and remember to update me each week. I am super excited to hear how it turns out this year since all of my buds are playing. Also, I was so sad to hear about our snake Slithers... Man that guy was older than I was. He was in the family longer than Annie and I both. I was super sad to hear that as well. But I know he is living with our Heavenly Father now :)

March is flying by.. I can't believe how fast the time goes by. Elder Nilson and I are still going strong and talking to a ton of people. In fact, this week was a great one. We talked to a whole lot of people. Whats funny is that Elder Nilson talks to people and gives out Book of Mormons; I talk to a ton of people and have great conversations and no one takes a Book of Mormon. But that is totally okay. I am still just proud of Elder Nilson. He has no fear and yet is still super excited about the work.

Going off that, as I have said we have contacted a lot of people who are super nice, but just don't have any interest in hearing about the gospel. What I have started to do that has really made me feel just as good as giving out a Book of Mormon is I tell people if they don't accept one, that "If you see a missionary in a week or month or a year from now, make sure you go say hi to them and ask them how they are doing." I make them promise with us that they will do it and most all of them say yes. Planting seeds for sure and it's been so cool because maybe now is not their time but in the future it could be and they will need tofind the missionaries to find it. That has been a really cool approach we have been using.

I absolutely love talking to people now.. When I first got out here I think that was one of the hardest things I had to overcome. As I have overcome it it slowly has been so awesome getting to know people and just talking. It has been a gift our Heavenly Father gives to all his missionaries but we just need to use that gift. Once we use it, the Holy Ghost kicks in and guides you on what to say. I'ts amazing having the Holy Ghost as a presence in my life. I know that many people can say the same thing. 

I can't wait till I get the type keyboard thing. Sometimes at the end of the week I just forget about all that we did because we are honestly so busy. I promised myself right from the beginning of my mission that I will be out serving right to the very end no matter what it takes. And I have to be honest but I am dead tired all the time. But when I make a promise I keep that promise. When I say I am going to do something, I am going to do it. Its always the worst hearing people say they are going to do something and then they don't get it done. That is a big characteristic I am going to be looking for in the future with friends and obviously my wife. But it's cool because I have seen the missionaries that are successful get things done. The ones that aren't just waste time and aren't happy. But I can honestly say that I am super happy and always trying to become better.

I went on a split this week with a good buddy of mine Elder Lee. He is from Provo and it was super fun and I learned a whole lot. I learned how happy you can be from him even in the toughest situations. I have learned that we can control our attitudes. We can control how we react to things. It was such a great split and I had lots of fun. We also talked to a lot of friendly people. The weather has been beautiful here in Germany so I think that is why more and more people are talking to us! That has been super cool.

The highlight of my week was this past Saturday. We had the Pinewood Derby Run. It was honestly so legit. The gym was full of people and there were over 130 cars that were built. Even some with real Motors and everything. It's so cool to see how creative people are and the ideas people can come up with. We as missionaries also built a few cars. I made my car with our Ward Mission Leaders daughters. They are so cute and they helped me paint it. I will send pictures for sure. But we were super busy all of Saturday and we talked to a lot of non-members there as well. Overall it was just a great event.

We have contacted a lot of people who just don't believe in God and they believe in the Big Bang and that we grew out of the earth. Lets be honest with ourselves people! Ha, just look at what the human body can do. I know with all my heart that we are created in the image of God. He gave us our bodies to come to earth and to learn and grow. I just feel sorry for the people who don't accept the gospel because the worldly temptations have overcome what they do. Don't let that be you. Please come to the gospel. Your life will change and you will be a lot happier. 

I love you all. I am doing well. The weeks all get mashed up into one now I swear. But I am enjoying the ride and every minute I have being a missionary. I am thankful for all the prayers and support. Let us all be in the service of our God. That is where the most happiness in life comes. Remember our Savior Jesus Christ, with him we can do all. Remember that he died for all of us and that is our way we can repent. We must do the things necessary to return to him. He loves us and wants us to return to him. I know that to be true. Have a great week.

Elder Emery

1 comment:

  1. I love that car, I wonder what plant those people think we came from LOL. Sounds like you're doing a great job keep up the good work. Love ya Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete