Monday, March 31, 2014

End of March

What a week it was here in Darmstadt! This week went really well for us and I learned a whole lot this week. That is what is cool about the mission is that you keep learning more and more every week. The lessons you learn on a mission are only learned out here. People learn them later in life but how lucky are we as missionaries to learn these lessons at such a young age. I really enjoyed this week and I would love to share some of the experiences we have had. My dad has ordered me this little type thing which I think is incredible because I am not the person to write things. Plus I type a lot faster so my letters will probably be a lot longer. Sorry for those who care but you have to put up with it :)
Can you believe that the month is already over? March flew by. But it was a month of miracles for Elder Nilson and I. We enjoyed our first transfer together and found out on Saturday that we are staying together for this next transfer. It has been so much fun serving with Elder Nilson and him and I get along really well. Sometimes we can get off on stories about high school which make it a lot of fun because it just brings back the good ol' days. But it's also been really cool because he is learning so much information at once. It has been cool because he is just an Elder who wants to do things right and loves the work of the Lord. It has been a blessing working with him. He told me this week as he received his call back in September he called his dad to come home. He said that as his dad walked in the door, before even opening his call, said, "Elder Emery will be your trainer." Now that is inspired.. It has been a blessing working with him. We have learned so much from each other and the miracles we have seen contacting people have been incredible to see. I love this work and especially having someone who wants to work just as hard is such a great thing.

This week we did a lot of contacting and boy was it fun. We got a whole lot done and met with a lot of families. But I always look forward to contacting time. I have these two moods. I can either go out and contact everyone I see. Or I can be in this mood where I don't talk to anyone. I love talking to people and meeting new people. The weather has been getting a lot better here in Germany so it has been fun contacting people because the people here in Germany mood swings are always on the weather. Which is totally fine because who doesn't like the sun right?!

Basketball has been super fun. We get a group of guys every week and we just play at our church here in Darmstadt. This past Saturday we had 4 Greek guys come and play basketball with us. That was a lot of fun. It is sometimes super frustrating because I can't move as well. But it is always so much fun when we play. These guys were actually some pretty good players. What was even cooler is after we played we gave them a tour of the church and they all took Greek Book of Mormons with them. They were intrigued by what Joseph Smith did. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. He restored the gospel back on the Earth. Without this gospel people are lost. It's so sad to see the things of the world. The world is getting worse and worse everyday. We know that because we are in that world everyday talking with people. I have never been so grateful for living in Utah and having everyone around me a member of the church. I am so grateful for that and for the friends I have. I have never been so thankful for the many people in my life that have protected me. I have made mistakes. But what's cool is through the atonement I forget more everyday what I have done. I know this atonement is real. I have used it in my life. I am thankful for my parents for loving me and supporting me during this tough time of my life to find the truth. But I can proudly say that I have found the truth. I know that because I have felt Gods love in my life. Its something I can't describe but only say that it is a peaceful feeling.

I love this church and this work. Days get harder and harder but I have grown so much that I know that the Gospel puts us back on the right path again. I am thankful for this opportunity to serve. I have had some amazing companions and I know I needed to be with them because I have learned something new from each and every single one of them. I am grateful for my family at home. They are my everything. I love my family and the support they give me. I know this work is the Lords work. I love being apart of it seeing people change their lives by finding the truth. If you want to know the truth it speaks in Moroni 10:3-5. That is a promise if you just open your heart and want to know the truth.

A couple things that I forgot to write.. This week we went to the temple and it was absolutely incredible. I love going to the temple because there is such a special feeling every time we go there. That was a lot of fun. Then last Monday night we had the activity for all the young single adults. We found a song and we gave each group 30 minutes to prepare for a dance that they had to perform in front of everyone. That was a ton of fun and we got them all filmed. I will have to send the one the missionaries made. 

Sorry I have written so much. I have this cool new keyboard. I want the world to know that this gospel is true. I want everyone to know that I know that.. When we abide by the Gospels teaching and keep ALL the commandments is where we find the true happiness. I have seen both sides.. If you need to change something do it NOW.. don't wait. I care for each and every single one of you. Have a great week. 

 
Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment