Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!



What a great time of year. I hope you all enjoyed your New Year's. Germany was awesome and I really enjoyed it. This week we were SOO busy and so it seemed like it just flew. I am SOO happy to hear that Statler is home. Man, that made me a little teary eyed seeing all those pictures. I miss that kid so much. He has impacted my life more than anyone. I am so proud of him and I know that I will be there in a year from now and he will get to watch me come home. I can’t lie it’s been a little hard on me this week but I know this is where I am supposed to be at this time and I know he is doing great now. But I am proud of him and I know he will be my brother forever.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this week. First off, New Year’s Eve was CRAZY.... ha we all had to be in by 6:00 PM because apparently it gets so crazy. Which was good because I had about 3 hours to just sit down and to make my goals for the New Year and to glance back at 2013. I learned so much in 2013 but I am glad it’s a new year so I can become that person Heavenly Father wants me to be. But New Year's Eve night was so scary. Haha it was super funny though too. I went to bed early that night at 9:30 because we could, and I was so dead tired from the day. I was sleeping sooo well and then as I was sleeping I just heard "BANG, BANG, BANG!" I literally thought there were gun shots/bombs going off. I woke up and I could hear people screaming and then even more bangs. I sat there for a minute and it felt like I was in the middle of war because of all the fireworks, and people screaming. It scared me so bad but then I realized it was the New Year. That helped me out a lot more. It was hard to fall back asleep because it went on for about an hour but it was a scary feeling. I enjoyed it though. Definitely a memorable experience for sure.

Also, this week was our transfer calls. I will be getting a new companion. I was with Elder Bruneel for only 1 transfer. Crazy stuff, but I learned so much from that kid. The funny thing is, Elder Bruneel will still be in Darmstadt but he will be getting 2 new companions and will be a ward missionary now. My new companion, Elder Lovelace, was in Darmstadt before as a ward missionary and now is switching and coming to be a University Elder with me. Crazy how the Lord works but I am so excited to work with Elder Lovelace. He is such an awesome kid. He just finished training so he is pretty new on the mission. I know we will get along just fine. It will be a new experience for me but I know that this is what the Lord wants for me.

This week we stayed really busy. New Year’s Day was super dead and absolutely no one was out. So it was slower on that part. But I really learned a whole lot this week. About the person I want to be and the goals I have set. I know as I try to reach these goals that the Lord will bless me. I have already seen his hand in my life and am so grateful for this Gospel. I finished the Book of Mormon and I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith is a true Prophet of God. I know that I can live with my family for forever. My family means more to me than anything else. I am so grateful for my family. I love this Gospel. I appreciate all your support. You all have impacted my life in so many different ways. I am glad to be a missionary and to be serving our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ every day 24/7. I'm grateful for my friends who are also on missions. They have kept me safe; and my brother just returning from his mission in Ghana. I am so grateful for him and him watching over me and being that example I needed. I love you all. Keep enjoying all that you do. I am staying healthy and changing as a person. I love this work.

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment