Monday, July 15, 2013

Time Flies!



Wow, weeks fly! I swear I was just writing to you guys yesterday. Anyways this week was actually a really fun and cool week. Sounds like everyone is enjoying the hot weather and loving life. That makes me happy. I pray for you all every night. I am so very grateful for all the prayers and thoughts. Also, I am super excited for Jackson and Cherese and the baby. Treyton gets a brother and Jackson gets older. Haha jk, but I am so excited and can’t wait to see pictures.

So what we as missionaries hear a lot here in Germany are that doors are extremely impossible to find any investigators. Elder Lindsey and I don’t think so at all. This past week was actually a really cool story I wanted to share.  So Elder Lindsey and I were up in Gartenfield. A stadt tile from Bad Hamburg. We had an appointment with a less active family up there. So it’s about a 20 min bus ride from Bahnhoff.. So we got to this massive apartment complex. Here in Germany they have these klingel systems kind of like doorbells to get into the main complex. So we klingled this in active family and nothing.. So we waited for a little bit and klingled them again.. Nothing.. Elder Lindsey and I looked at each other and I said "Okay, Elder Lindsey klingel one name on the 200 names on the building. He agreed and klingeld someone on the top floor of the building. They let us in and so we had to go to the top of the building. We got there and we got out of the Elevator on the top floor and this lady and her husband were sitting there. They were so scared to see us when we first got up there. We explained that we were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ and we started asking them questions. They were really nice and invited us to talk more about the Book of Mormon to them... Elder Lindsey and I looked at each other and just smiled because that NEVER happens here in Germany.. We went inside and it was super hot so they asked us to go outside to talk more. We went to this little park outside of the Wohnung. We sat down and talked for an hour!! Ha it was insane.. And they are super prepared and ready it seems like. I know we are not supposed to give hugs, but this lady gave Elder Lindsey and I the biggest hug and told us that she knows our church is true and asked when we could meet again. It was so humbling knowing that there are people out there for every missionary and God prepares them for us to find. I honestly don’t believe in coincidences anymore and I know everything happens for a reason. We are teaching them again this Friday so I will let you know more about how that goes later.

This week I went up to Weterau again for splits. I was up there this time with Elder Henderson; another great Elder here. Weterau is one of the prettiest places I have ever seen. I will send pictures soon. But to kind of explain it.. Weterau has small little towns about 3 to 4 miles apart from each other with just massive fields. It is sooooo pretty. Anyways, when I first got there we studied for about 3 hours. And then realized that both our companions had our cell phones.. So we had no cell phone whatsoever. It was okay though.. So our first appointment was actually in Friedberg, we first got something to eat. Of course we went to a döner shop and bought a döner. Best food you can get here. I don’t know how to explain it. If you ever come to Germany you need a döner. Ha but anyways the appointment in Friedberg fell out. We then traveled about 30 miles on train up to Hungen. We had our bikes with us so that’s what made this interesting. Between cities is like a one lane road but with people going both directions. That is the only way to get between cities. So Elder Henderson and I were riding on this one way road with a thousand cars flying past us and massive semis. I have never been so scared in my life. ha but it was such a great experience. Haha I thought we were going to die a few times but we got to our appointment and it was great. The total for the day of biking was close to 30 miles.. I have never been so tired in my life. It was such a fun split and I learned a lot about how to teach and learned a lot from the split.

This week was such a good week. The language is still frustrating. But I always say I am worse then I really am. I actually speak okay enough to have conversations but I am all over the place.  It has been such a great experience and I am loving the work. My testimony of the Gospel is growing so much. I love this Gospel with all I have in me. It has been such a great experiences and I have had SO many experiences so far. I love hearing from you guys, thanks for all the support. I love you all.

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment