Monday, July 29, 2013

Hallo!



Guten Tag from Germany! 

Love getting letters and hearing that everyone is doing well. Seems like everyone is just staying busy and getting a lot of things done. That is so good to hear for me. Being thousands of miles away sometimes is hard but I know the Lord is watching over and protecting all of you.

This week was actually a pretty long week. We got a TON done and I have never been so tired in my life. This was a really good week for us and it shows that the work here in Germany is starting to go up. When I first got to this area it had just barely been opened. So there were really not a lot of potential investigators. This week we now have 6 progressing investigators and they are legit too. This week we met with 3 of them and it was so sweet. 2 of them are from Africa and we found them on the streets. Both of them came to church and they absolutely loved it and participated in everything. It was so humbling watching how happy they were by coming to church. Jose is from Angola and absolutely loves what we are talking about. He told us that he has never felt that happy in his life and the feeling he was getting he had never felt before. Akuya is from Ghana, Khumasi actually, so I told her my best friend was serving there and so she got excited for that. But she is awesome. She can’t read so we are getting her a Book of Mormon tape so she can listen to it. It’s awesome to see how happy people are.

So we are trying to work a lot with the members in doing missionary work because it’s so hard to contact. Honestly, people are SOO scared to talk to us and they are super mean about it too. We were on the bus the other day and we complimented a guy on his watch to try to start a conversation. And he just started yelling at us telling us to not talk to him and yeah. Out here on the mission you really grow a strong skin and just ignore those people and move on. It’s so sad sometimes but it’s so humbling. It’s worth it for the people you do talk to and who are super nice. As a missionary you really notice every little thing that happens. So many people are caught up in worldly things and its soooo sad. If only they could know this amazing gospel and just find out for themselves how amazing life is. But like I said, we are trying to do member work and it can be hard sometimes. Some members are absolutely awesome and know how to do it. Some members think missionary work is going door to door and handing out a Book of Mormon to people. For members, missionary work is just bringing up the Gospel in a conversation or something. It really is not that hard and I encourage all members to do missionary work. It’s the coolest feeling ever.

This week we did a lot of service too. We helped a lady in our ward this week and it was some tough work. When Germans move, they move everything!! Ha every little drawer, kitchen, lights, everything! It’s incredible. We worked for like 7 hours on Friday and got up early Saturday morning and worked another 6 hours. It was a lot of work. Germans really don’t have houses. They have more apartment style houses. So it is hard getting and carrying everything up the stairs. But we moved her in and it was good. Another really cool thing here is we live in Bad Homburg which is like the rich part of Frankfurt. So the Cars we see are insanely awesome. Maserati’s, Audis, Bentleys, Lamborghini’s.. They are sweet!!

A little more about my companion and then I will finish up this letter. So my companion is Elder Lindsey. He is originally from Colorado but lives in Pleasant Grove now. I did not know him before the mission but he is honestly one of the coolest guys. He is super friendly and talkative. He has helped me so much with my German and has shown me just how to love people. He plays sports and is super athletic. We have the same personalities. It is so much fun being his companion because we have fun but we get the work done. I do have to say, we are pretty dang funny. We just have fun! He is an awesome Elder and we have really become best friends. I am so grateful for him and it has been so much fun.

Anyways, that was a really long letter. Sorry for that but I just had to tell you guys everything. We are headed up to Weilburg today for our P day and going to visit a castle so I will send you some pictures next week. Germany is absolutely awesome and I love it here. I love my mission. Sometimes it is really frustrating and really hard. I have never been this tired in my life. But I absolutely love it and wouldn’t change it for anything. I hope all is well and I love the letters. I am doing great and learning so much. I am so grateful for the people I have in my life. I have definitely changed so much and have grown to love this Gospel more and more every day. I love you all.

Elder Emery


No comments:

Post a Comment