Tuesday, July 23, 2013

1st Transfer Done



First to start off, a big congrats to Jackson and Cherese this week! We got another Emery in the family and he is super cute. Hope Cherese is feeling better and all is well with that. It’s crazy that they already have 2 kids. And when I get home McKade will be Treyton’s age. Crazy stuff..

Well this week was a little bit slower. But it was awesome and we learned so much more about missionary work. Really cool thing; We learned a ton about family history work. We are using these fan charts to contact people. It was really cool because most of our family history is done all the way back to 9 generations. It was insanely cool to see all the different family links and everything. If you get a chance visit FamilySearch.com. It really reminded me of Grandma and Grandpa Emery and also Grandma Parris. I think they would be super interested in it and would love to see the line. So if you guys read this email check out that website and sign up. It has Grandpa Emery’s Charts from the 30’s and back. You can see the original paper work and everything. I highly recommend you guys to check out that website.

There wasn’t a lot that happened this week. Last Tuesday we gave 3 blessings in one day. A guy in our ward had torn his Achilles tendon, so we went to the hospital and gave him a blessing. We gave 2 more blessings that day to people. It was so cool to feel that spirit that we have felt.
So while I was reading my emails my mom wanted me to answer the question, "What does family mean to you?"

Family to me is everything. The first thought that came to my head is when something happens my family was the first one there to help me. I love my family with all my heart. I never realized how much my family was important to me until I came out on my mission. My parents have taught me so much in my life. They taught me how to be a better person then I could ever imagine being. They have supported me in everything I have ever had. Basketball, golf, and life. They are 2 of the hardest workers I know and I am so very grateful for them. They have showed me what’s really important in my life, and how to be an example and be willing to help whoever needs help. Thanks for being such great parents and being wonderful examples to me. My siblings now: Geez, where do I start? Ha we have never had such a close bond with each other. Jackson, Alex, and Annie have been my best friends ever since I was little. I know we got in fights and stuff but I have never had such a supportive family in everything I do. They are so supportive in me and have taught me so much about the person I want to be. I am so grateful for this Gospel and being able to live with my family forever. They have shown me the way and the hard work ethic. I know I have been a pain to them sometimes but they know how much I love them and I wouldn’t be here today without them.

I know this week was a tough week for my mom and her siblings. It was the week my Grandpa Parris died 15 years ago. My mom has always told me that he was there supporting me at my games in spirit and was always leading me to do right. I know how great of a man he was because the stories I have heard. I was lucky enough to live 4 years with him and I remember being a young boy riding in the car with him. He was a great man and I know he is watching down on us all the time. He was a great man and I know my mom loves him very much. I am so grateful that we can live with our families together forever. 

I love you all and I hope you guys are doing well. I love reading all the letters. Keep them coming please. They mean so much to me. And people have asked me what they can send.. Send Ties please :) I love ties now!! Haha that’s the only thing I can switch up what I wear every day. So ties would be awesome. Thanks for all the support. This work is awesome.

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment