Wednesday, May 15, 2013

two weeks down!

"When you are born, you don't come with a manual. You come with a mother!" I love you mom and hope your Mother’s Day was awesome! Also, I hope everyone’s Mother’s Day was awesome and you told your mom’s how much you loved them. I never realized how much my mom did for me until I came out here on the mission. Then laundry and food didn't magically appear anymore. Ha JK

I hope all is going well with everyone. I am doing awesome out here and I swear I have never felt this close with the Lord in my life. This work is amazing and my testimony is growing every day.

So the MTC... it has been good! My favorite part about being here are the devotionals we have on Sundays and Tuesdays. They have been so powerful and definitely have strengthened my testimony. Last night, Elder Nelson of the 12 came and spoke. It was so powerful and he talked a lot about Family work and how mission work can be successful! It was very strong and powerful.

Sooooo my Comp is COMPLETELY opposite as I am. Ha, I am a really easy kid to get along with. I love the kid and he is super strong in the church but something’s just are too much. We played kickball the other day and just having fun and enjoying it.. We got back to the room and he told me we can never play it again because it got "too competitive.." Uhhh yeah everything I do is competitive and you better believe I am winning!!! Haha another thing was my companion was talking to me how they should take "sports time out of the schedule and imply music and singing time... I was dying! Ha but everything is perfect and there are just some minor things as always. He is really a great guy and is very strong in the church and has helped me so much already. There is a reason I have him as a companion and I’m going to learn all I can from him.
So here at the MTC I have always wondered.. "Why has God put me through so many trials in my life?" I never really understood the true meaning of it all; until I got here. To tell you the truth I wouldn't be here if it weren't for all the trials I have been through in my life because I wouldn't be as strong as I am today without them. Alma 36:3 talks about how we go through trials in our lives to strengthen us and to make us humble.. Trust in the Lord and anything is possible. I know we have all made mistakes in our lives but my testimony on the atonement and being able to repent has grown tremendously!!! I love this Gospel and all the wonderful things it has.

Another thing I have noticed while I am here is: I have never realized how much I had sacrificed to be here. It has been so humbling knowing I have been so blessed with so much and I would just like to thank everyone who has gotten me here today. Being able to sacrifice has been hard but I know it will continue to bless my life as we go on.

You would never believe it.. When I first came here I was about 182 pounds.. I am now at 190........... Ha I am not getting fat I promise! I run every day and feel the same! Just trying to get bigger than my brother Jackson!!! Haha JK, but yes that’s what happens when you sit in class for 8-9 hours a day. I have been going crazy because I am so used to doing things and running and playing sports and everything. One benefit is that I know a ton of German just in 2 weeks. I can have full conversations now! Ha it’s amazing the power of the gift of tongues. I taught the whole first discussion to our investigator the other day. It was so hard. It didn't sound good at all but I know a lot of words that helps.
Anyways, I am loving this work and I know for a fact that I am supposed to be here. It has already blessed me so much and I can't wait to strengthen my testimony even more. I do have a testimony that I know this church is true with all my heart. It has blessed me so much in my life and I know that I wouldn't be the person I am today without it. God lives, His son Jesus Christ atoned for our sins. They love us; they made this wonderful gospel so we can someday live with them again.

I am praying for you all every night.

Ich weiss, unser himmlischer vater liebt uns.
Alles Gut

I love you all!
Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment