Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Guten Tag!

Meine Familie,

Wow, the MTC is awesome! It definitely is one of the most spiritual places I have ever been. I have never felt this clean in my life and I am so grateful to be here.
First off, my companion is Elder Lassley, he is from Kansas and LOVES music. We are complete opposites but we get along great. He is a convert of 1 1/2 years and is one of the most spiritual guys I know. I am definitely blessed to have him. The MTC is great, the first 2 days were definitely hard but I am so busy I hardly have time to think about home. I love getting all your letters at night and reading about the family. They mean so much to me and I look forward to reading them. My days here at the MTC are so jam packed. Ha I never thought I would be this busy. I enjoy it very much though.

Waking up at 6:30 every morning has been a killer but it isn’t too bad. That is the only thing that really is a struggle but everything else is fine. My German is coming; it’s crazy how much German we have learned in just 1 week!! But I can say so much, the gift of tongues is definitely real.

So the 2nd day we were here we actually taught an investigator.... Auf deutsch!!! Ha it’s crazy how much we relied on the spirit. I actually did pretty well. It was one of the hardest things I had to do but I learned so much from it. Humility is one thing. I have never felt so stupid in my life. But I loved it and learned so much.

They only give us 30 min on the computer and it is timed. I love getting all your letters. PLEASE keep sending them. I am doing awesome and I know this is where the Lord wants me to be. There is a reason behind everything, though we may not know it, there is! I enjoy the work, it has only been a week and I have gained such a stronger testimony about the Gospel and my love for Jesus Christ our Savior. Before the mission I was super worried about what it was going to be like, and it was nothing what I expected, but I absolutely love it. It has already shown me so much. It has shown me my weaknesses and strengths in the gospel. I have got a lot of work to do.
I love you guys with all my heart. I am not homesick but I do miss you guys. Pretty sure basketball and being away helped me not be homesick. But I can definitely say I am a mamma's boy, I have never realized all that she does at home. I have to do my own wash now :) ha but as my family always taught me, do everything with all you got. I sure am doing that! Though I may be tired I will be blessed. I am sorry I can’t say much more. I will try to describe everything in a letter I will send home.

Hope all is well, and I love you!

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment