Wednesday, May 22, 2013

3 weeks!!!

Guten Morgen!

Hey everyone, I hope all is well back at home! I miss you guys, but I love being out here. It has shown me so much about myself and has strengthened me a ton. I can't believe it has already been 3 weeks. It has absolutely flown by. It seems like yesterday I said goodbye to you all. But anyways here is my week.
There is not a whole lot to write about the MTC since it is all the same.. Ha, for the first time though I have realized that being out here on a mission makes me so happy. Being around the gospel 24/7 is amazing and I am so blessed to be here. The other day I was really frustrated with the language.. I felt like I was doing really well with it then one day I couldn't understand or speak it for some odd reason. It was super frustrating and I had to go outside for a little bit to kind of relax. I am so hard on myself sometimes and that is one thing I am learning is that it won't all come at once.. I just have to work at it.

I heard a quote the other day that really help me it says "Faith is action and power, it is not having a perfect knowledge of things. Faith is what propels us forward to change what needs to be changed.” I really liked this quote because coming out here on a mission is all about faith in our Heavenly Father and strengthening that faith in our everyday lives. It has helped me come to realize that there is so much more to life than just sports. Growing up, I thought sports were life. But the true meaning of life is to learn from our mistakes and to come closer unto Christ. By having faith in Christ we can strengthen our burdens and make weak things become strong. (Ether 12:27)

So, every Sunday we get to go on the temple walk. It is so relaxing to get out and walk around off campus. We all call the MTC "spirit prison" haha the spirit here is amazing but we are confined to a classroom for 12 hours in the day. The food here at the MTC is.. okay. Like I said I have already gained weight! I am not fat I promise. I think I am just growing into my body though and I feel so much stronger for some reason.. ha but I am loving it.
The other day my companion was super sick.. That was the longest day of my life! He had a sinus infection or something. There are so many diseases floating around the MTC I swear. haha but it was the worst! I was stuck in our residence forever it seemed like. And there really is nothing to do because he was sleeping the whole time so I just sat there and read the Book of Mormon and studied German. Being with a companion 24/7 is soo different!!

During gym time I usually go shoot in the gym. Don't worry mom I am not playing anybody and I won't get hurt. I am being careful. Haha, they only give us 50 min every 3 days... Which is awful because I always need to be doing some type of sport or something! Sitting in class is so different. But like I said, I am learning so much.

Anyways, there’s not much to write about the MTC and everything that happens here because a whole lot doesn’t really happen. My companion is doing a ton better. I found out from president that he has a compulsive disorder. But I am learning so much and it is strengthening me so much.  Today actually I am with Elder Barker, we did splits today because he has really been struggling with the MTC and has some problems and so president asked if I could take him for the day and cheer him up a little. He seems to be doing so much better and I include him a lot more in things. I know I am here for a reason. I already feel so much more different than before and I can't wait to see who I am in 2 years. I am doing my best in everything I do. I LOVE receiving letters and it makes my day. So if you can keep sending them.

I love you all!

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment