Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Season

Hey, I don't have too much time today but I hope things are going well for all of you. Things here in Germany are continuing to progress and this week was another super busy week for us.

We had transfers this past week so a couple days out of the week we were strictly just in the mission home. We had our meetings there and were able to meet with all the trainers and new missionaries and train them. Another great thing was we have a new investigator.. Her name is Lina.. She is 19 years old and is the daughter of a less active couple! Started talking to her about taking the lessons and she is excited and wants to learn more about the Church. She is super cool so I hope things will progress with her.

I was on 2 splits this week with Elder Lovelace and Elder Simpson. 2 great Elders who really love the work. We were able to do a lot of missionary work. On Saturday, Elder Simpson and I were able to do 7 hours of straight finding.. It's been freezing cold here in Germany so that was a bummer.. But we talked with a ton of people.. Unfortunately, we didn't see too much success out of it but talk about a mission and building character.

Daniel is still preparing to get baptized on the 20th so keep him in your prayers. The work is moving forward.

This week I learned the Atonement from a different perspective. Talking about how we can forgive others for something they did to us. I think its the natural man in us to say that "someone hurt me and I can't forgive them for that". But one thing that I learned this week is that if we really want to receive forgiveness for our sins from God.. We have to be able to forgive others for what they do to us. This was such an important lesson that I learned this week.. Continuing to get more humbled and humbled as the weeks go by. D&C 64:10 "I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men". Such a powerful lesson. 

I love you all. I pray for you daily.

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment