Monday, May 19, 2014

Good Week



Hey family, what is up?! I am so glad that I heard from each one of you this week. I think that was a record for me receiving emails and that makes me super Happy :) I am doing super, super good. Just enjoying the time here in Frankfurt. The weeks go by faster and faster, I swear. It just doesn’t stop.

First off, I just want to say that I was super pumped that I got to talk to you last Sunday. That was super cool and it made me have a great week. I printed out the picture I took of you all and I have it in my book.
We had a really good District meeting last week. I gave a lesson on the talk from Tad R. Callister, “Becoming a Consecrated Missionary”. I let Tad do the work and the Spirit of the Lord was there in this meeting. For future generations, I want you to know that when I say I am going to do something, you better believe I am going to get it done. There were a lot of good things said by all the missionaries. It is amazing how the spirit can teach us when we let it. Elder Nilson gave a lesson also about, “How we can become the best missionaries”. It was also inspired and many good words were said. Later we met with a family. We talked a lot about how we can share Charity and what it means to have it. I believe that Charity is something we can't have immediately but is something we can have over time as we practice it. I believe Charity is listening to the words of the Holy Ghost and following them in a good way, expecting nothing in return. We had such a solid conversation. That family is also one who I will miss and we will be friends for a while. It is amazing how on a mission you can build such close relationships with people and they trust and care about you, and it’s so hard when you are transferred to work in another area. There is another man that has had a huge impact on myself and who I am. He is such an inspired man in every single way possible. He is one of the most successful men and honestly gives credit to living Gospel Principles and giving everything to the Lord. Things he has said are really solid and the lessons I have learned as a person are huge. Now it's time for me to take even that extra step and force myself to rely on the Lord more then ever. I am ready and I am excited for this new task I have to go to Frankfurt.

We all have trials and the Lord really “Magnifies our weaknesses” Ether 12:27. We just need to continue to follow the right path and be able to fight through those weaknesses and get the help we need to overcome them. Everyone is different. Doesn't mean you are a bad person but just everyone has his or her individual trials.

 This week I was studying a lot about prayer. I read about how my Grandpa Dan was a man of prayer. That he would pray wherever he was. I have been learning a lot about my Grandpa and the type of man he was and it is pretty incredible some of the things he did.

I am doing really well. Today we played Volleyball and Basketball and I am not good at either. Ha, it was a little frustrating but it is all okay. Like everyone says, just trust in the Lord and it will all come back. I am glad to hear that you all had a great week.

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment