Monday, February 17, 2014

Change

What up everyone back home?! I had a really good week this past week and there were a ton of experiences that I could share. But it would be way to long to write all of them. But sounds like everyone at home is going on with life and that everyone is happy. I am glad you all went to El Farol for Alex's birthday. I cant wait to eat Mexican food again. Another year and I will be there.

Anyways, transfer calls were this week and...... I'm staying here in Darmstadt but Elder Lovelace will be leaving me. Friday morning President Schwartz gave me a call and asks me to be District Leader here in Darmstadt and also I will be training. So there is a chance I could train Elder Nilson from our Alpine Stake. Apparently he comes in this week. So Wednesday I will be going into Frankfurt and picking my new companion up. I don't know who it is but I will let you know how it goes. I am excited for something new. It will be a huge learning experience for me.

Elder Lovelace and I are getting split up and I will be staying here in Darmstadt. I am sad that Elder Lovelace and I are being split but I am excited for the next experience the Lord has for me. It will be a new experience and I am ready to take on the new challenge. Elder Lovelace and I have become great friends. We had such a successful transfer the last 6 weeks and I will never forget it. We found 5 new investigators and starting things up here in Darmstadt University. We just need to keep the work going.

Saturday we had our street display here in Darmstadt. It was really successful and they are always fun because you meet some of the most interesting people. We ended up giving out about 20 Book of Mormons and talked to a ton of people. I will be sure to send some pictures home. We talked to a lot of people. It was absolutely freezing too. But I love straße Ausstellungs because people can actually see that we are normal people. It has been such an awesome experience and they are experiences I will never forget.

One thing I learned in the gospel this week is the Tree of Life. I have my Book of Mormon study guide that I have been studying out of. And seriously the symbols and all the things with the Tree of Life are incredible. There is an Elder who is a good friend of mine whose name is Elder Lee. I was reading 1 Nephi 8 and I had the feeling I should ask him to draw the Tree of Life and we should do a little project together. I am going to find all the symbols and all the deep doctrine in it. I will be sure to send a pic home.

What made a difference in my life this week is really understanding how important it is to be the best missionary I can be. My next goal for me is to know Preach My Gospel and to live the principles in there. I love it and I have learned so much from that book. That is my goal and I hope I can become that person.
 
Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment