Monday, August 26, 2013

Last week of August

Here is Elder Emery again from Germany. I have had an awesome week and it was so much fun. I learn more and more every week. I honestly wouldnt change this experience for anything.
First experience was I had a split again up in Wetzlar (really pretty). That area has a lot of hills and some castles so it was awesome. I was with Elder Isham. Splits are really cool because I learn so much and I get to experience new areas. While in Wetzlar a lady in the ward up there had a stroke or something and was in the hospital. She couldnt even get up. So Elder Isham and I went to the hospital and gave her a blessing. I did the oil part and I did it in German; and I am pretty sure I butchered it in German but its okay, the Lord understands all prayers. But it was so spiritual and I absolutely loved it. I hope that she feels better and all will be well with her.
This week we again taught Jose the rest of the lessons and our baptism for this saturday is still on. It has been so awesome seeing Joses progress in the Gospel. He loves it more and more every time we teach him. He is such a humble man. People from Africa are always so humble and so receptive to the Spirit. Elder Lindsey and I have been so blessed to be teaching him. He is so ready and I am excited for this Saturday. I will let you know how it goes.
So I don't remember if I have told you about Thomas and Shirly yet.. But they are awesome! We taught them back in June when I first got here and then they went on vacation. They came back at the beginning of this month and they have met with us ever since. We teach them about 3 times a week and every time we teach them they tell us to come back. Shirly is such a sweetheart and didnt have any background of the Gospel at all. Thomas didnt want to believe before on God but now is loving it. He said his first prayer the other night out loud and he said he had never felt that good. They are some of the most prepared people I have ever met. I love teaching them and I can't wait to teach them more.
All is well here though. Transfer calls are this saturday also so we will see if I get transferred. I love this work and I wouldn't change it for anything. I love hearing from everyone so keep the letters coming. I love you all.

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment