Monday, August 19, 2013

Germany

Another week, Sorry last week’s email was super fast. We were in Frankfurt and it cost a lot of money to use the internet there so everything was rushed. But I am doing great. This week was a really good one for us and we got a lot done.

I went on 2 splits this week. The first split was with Elder Ruff. He is the Zone Leader in Frankfurt and he is awesome. He came to Friedrichsdorf and is such a great Elder. We went contacting for about 1 hour and I think we contacted over 10 people. Which is a record for me! But it was really cool because he made me do every contact. My German is finally starting to rapidly go up. But I had some mess ups and it was cool because he forced me into speaking German. I learned so much that day from him. He was an awesome missionary and it was so cool.
My second split was with Elder Robinson. We spent the day up in Usingen. I swear the whole day we just were driving. Usingen is massive and we had an appointment with someone all the way at the top of the area then back down to the bottom. It was super beautiful. It’s always fun meeting and having new experiences with other missionaries and enjoying the time. I love being a missionary.

So a cool story this week was on Thursday night we met with Thomas and Shirly again. They speak German but we teach them in English because they are really good friends with a family here from England, The Robertson’s. Anyways, we went to the Robinsons house to teach them with Thomas and Shirly. Our topic that night was about families and the Atonement. And wow, can I say the spirit was SOOOO strong. Ha the both of them were almost in tears. It was so cool. Its experiences like these that make a missionary so happy. There’s a reason a missionary is in an area and I have a strong testimony about that. Anyways they ask us every time when we can come back and teach them. So we are going back tonight. The Lord prepares families and people. It’s our job to go and find those people.
Jose is getting baptized on the 31st of this month. That has been so fun teaching him and seeing his progress in the Gospel. We are so excited for him and he is so ready. He has been so humble and so receptive of the Gospel. This Gospel is true. I know that will all my heart. Everything is on the Lords time.

I love you all. Thanks for all the letters and support.

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment