Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving

Hey Wonderful Family

Well I don't have to much time today but thank you for all the emails! Know I love them and am grateful for all the letters and emails I receive! This week was a really good week! Things went super well and we stayed really busy. We were able to go on splits this week with the Ramstein American Elders who work with all the Americans, Elder Pratt and Elder Boam. We were able to go on base where people in the army live so that was really cool. Just how blessed we are to have people who serve our country for the freedom we have. 

We had MLC on Friday which was a really good meeting.. With this new initiative, "He is the Gift" coming out, I had the opportunity to introduce it during that meeting and it went really well. The church is amazing with things they do. 

Friday night we were on another split with the Nürnberg Elders and they came here to Frankfurt. I was with Elder Hobson. We met a 27 year old girl named Nancy who is half American half German! She was really cool and it was cool.. We both walked passed her as she was looking at a bus schedule at a bus station. We both had a feeling we should talk to her.. We talked to her and we are meeting with her this next week! Great experience. We weren't able to do a whole lot of work in our area this week because we were driving all over.. But we were able to go visit Jessica in the hospital and then Daniel came to church for the 4th straight week.. So that was cool to see our investigator come! 

We met with some members this week and then just continued to prepare for this next week where we have to do transfer planning where we make all the switches for the mission. It should be a good week! I hope you guys have a wonderful week. I pray for you daily and continue to be grateful for all the support that I have around me! Because this week is Thanksgiving I challenge you all to write down a list of all the people and things you are grateful for.. We have a few appointments for Thanksgiving but I love this time of year.. I am grateful for so much that I have been given in my life! The Lord is Good!

Elder Emery

"The nearer a person approaches the Lord, the greater power will be manifest by the Adversary to prevent the accomplishment of his purpose". Heber C. Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment