Monday, November 17, 2014

Humble.

Hey Guys, I didn't get a whole lot of emails this week or were really short but that is totally fine. I hope everything is going good. I am still doing great, just the same routine every monday but I'm glad you guys are doing good!

This week was one of the most humbling weeks of my life.. I have really been studying about being meek and how one can do that. I feel like I have received so many answers in my life but I just am too selfish to do anything about it. This week helped me so much I feel like to take a step up in my progression. I finally realized this is the time where I need to change the things that I am bad at and continue down the path in which God has laid out for me. That is my goal and I feel like I am doing great but still so much to learn.

I finally realized also this week is that things have changed.. Whether they be at home or in my life right now as a missionary.. People come and go.. You really truly find out who your true friends are and realize the gospel is what's important in this life. Things have changed at home and here on the mission but that is what life is all about. Just got to move on and continue to do the service of the Lord.

This week was a bit rough on the other hand because Elder McGinn got sick on Monday night and was puking everywhere.. The next day we were down and had a ton to do in the office. We were planning on splitting with the Zone Leaders in Wiesbaden that night but he wasn't feeling good enough. He was not feeling good at all. Then on Wednesday he was feeling a lot better and we moved the split to Wednesday night. So that whole day we were able to meet with a couple members. We met with the Galz family again and we made so epic music. He has this sound recording room and we were down there making music. It was a lot of fun and opened him up a lot to missionaries. So here is where the bad part comes in.. We had to go back to the office to pick some mail up for Wiesbaden and so we did that. As soon as we left the office Elder McGinn asks if I want a pop tart. I told him no and that I was feeling a bit sick.. We started heading down to Wiesbaden and right before we got to the autobahn something hit me and I had to throw up.. I literally opened the door and just puked all over the road. Now I had the dang flu.. ha that was a super long night for me but I am feeling a lot better now. Just was super funny. After I threw up Elder McGinn turns to me and says "Im glad you didnt barf up my pop tart." haha

The whole next day we were in Friedrichsdorf for their Zone Training and so it was a little bit more relaxed day. That night I was feeling a lot better. Thursday night Düsseldorf Zone Leaders came down and we split but ended up in the office the whole time because we had the CCM reports. Which are reports of the whole mission for the Stake presidents. We got them finished late saturday night and got home at like 12:30.. another late night. But that was great! Friday night we drove all the way up to Dortmund and split with them. I had never been up there before and it is a great area. We played soccer Saturday morning and then were able to do some finding and set up for a baptism that the Siegen Elders had. It was a great split with Elder Miller.

Our investigators are doing great. Daniel came to church again for the 3rd week in a row so that was cool. He is such a great guy and I bet he will be baptized soon. Hopefully before Elder McGinn goes home. But he is making progress and reading and praying and keeping his commitments. Jessica and Francis are doing good as well.. We met with them only once because Francis got his wisdom teeth out but hopefully we can meet with him more this week. The Roa's are doing great as well.. Continuing to make progress so that they can get sealed in the temple. I love my mission!

Sunday was a great day as well. We got lots done and were able to meet with Benny who is a member. Its been great being back.. I love being able to teach these German people and to help so many missionaries out. I am learning so much every single day and am forever grateful for the friendships I have made here.. I am grateful for this Gospel. God's will is a lot greater then ours. One last thing I learned that has helped me so much as I have been back was a quote by my good friend Jabari Parker when he said: "Just be the same person you are in the dark that you are in the light". Remember this and just like I always say The Lord is good my friends. I love you all.

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment