Monday, October 27, 2014

week 4

Liebe Famile,

A tiring week for sure on my part. Ha, but that is the life as a missionary. Things are going really well for us right now. This week we met with a lot of members for Elder Lindsey since this next week he will be coming home. It will be so weird having him gone.. He was my trainer and we became best friends and then for the past month I was able to work with him again. Its amazing to see what the mission can do to someone and how the Gospel affects peoples lives. He served a very good mission and was loved by many. He is a great example of someone who loves and cares about the Gospel and people. I will miss him for sure but I'm excited for him and what he has at home. He has helped me so much in so many different things and there was a reason why I was with him when I first came out and then again when I came out the second time. I love that kid.

Since he will be leaving he has been teaching Elder McGinn and I all that he knows. He has been here for almost a year in Frankfurt so he knows a lot. This past week we had so much going on and there is so much to write but I will just write an overview. This week we were able to go on 3 different splits.. We went with the Heidelberg Zone Leaders and that was a great split. We were able to teach a couple lessons there that were super good lessons with some members. We had a split as well with the Tech Elders who work in the international ward here and that was solid. And then again with the Dortmund Zone Leaders this past weekend. This week was a bit slower because we had SOO much work to do in the office because of transfers which absolutely drove me crazy. That first opportunity I got to go contacting, we did. I was able to find a 17 year old kid who has been really trying to find God in his life. We were on the Street Train here in Frankfurt and it was super loud. I was able to get his number and we hopefully will be meeting with him soon. Contacting is still the same as usual.. talk with lots of people and get denied a lot. But you learn to grow a shell and to just keep doing the Lord's work because that is what we are called to do.

We had transfer calls this past Saturday and so this coming week will be super super busy for us. The new goldens will be coming in on Wednesday and then we have to train the trainers how to train a new missionary. Then on Thursday are actual transfers and then Elder McGinn and I will be with all the people who are leaving the whole day and go to the temple and be working with President on that. I am excited. I don't want Elder Lindsey to leave but he has done a great job and I have learned a lot from him.

We were able to teach a couple investigators this week.. My German is finally coming back really quick.. At first I was a little bit rough but its coming back fast. Its cool because I feel like I am all the way back now.. it took me a couple weeks. Feels like I hadn't even left in the first place!! But it's been good to be a missionary again. I love it and would do anything for the Lord. The Lord is good! :) I love living this Gospel. It honestly brings true happiness if we just live it and keep the commandments. I can't wait to be able to share that with my family in the future and be able to live with my family for eternity. I love being on a mission because it helps you understand how important families are in this life. It teaches you the things to do and to not do. So hopefully I can learn everything I possibly can right?! 

I love you guys. I am doing great and pushing forward. There is still so much to learn for myself but I feel like I have been doing so well and pushing through those trials. Life is great! As Golden Holt always said, "Fight the fight and enjoy the ride because it only happens once."

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment