Monday, July 14, 2014

World Cup Champs!!!



What a week for sure here in Frankfurt. The time was fast but the pain was there. This week was full of a lot of good things. And it was for sure a very fast week as well. I am happy that everything is going well with you and that you are happy. That makes me feel so much better every week to hear about that.

Germany takes world cup!!! It was absolutely crazy here last night. We were not able to watch the game here because it was on at 10:00pm. But still we were up the whole time because of how loud it was and the people screaming and stuff. It was actually such a cool atmosphere to be in because whenever there would be a shot on goal or a nice save all of Frankfurt would go crazy.. It was such a cool experience. A member was giving us updates on the game.. We knew overtime and also the second overtime.. But what was seriously a really cool thing was we were about to both fall asleep then Germany scored.. And the city went absolutely nuts.. Everyone screamed all at once and it was so sick!! It reminded me of when the Marriot Center is packed and something huge happens and everyone just goes nuts.. It was that feeling and so I ran outside real quick with my camera and filmed it. I will have to send it home somehow.. That was so sweet! Then of course when the game ended it was a loud roar again! Then for the next hour we just heard lots of honking and screaming and fireworks and people going absolutely nuts! It was so cool being here for the world cup! Because every day that is the only thing people would talk about.. So it was a good contacting tool! Amazing experience that I will never forget!!!! 

This week we had interviews with President Stoddard. What an incredible man. It was really quite awesome. Each interview was only about 15 minutes but it was really good. He loves what he does and really cares about this missionary work. He is so caring and so loving and so that was really cool to see and to get to know him better. I was able to talk to him a lot this week so that was cool but also a rough thing because yet again my toes are messed up.

Long story short.. I was in my interview and I was telling him about my toes and how they have been really bugging me. I was planning on just waiting it out till they grew out but I showed them to him and he immediately was very concerned and knew that I needed to get them fixed. After talking with 5 different doctors here I had surgery on Thursday in Heidelberg. It went really good. The only problem is that I will be out of commission for the next week.. So that is a bummer. But they did all they could and that is what matters.
This week was good. We did a lot of finding and stuff. I was also able to get a lot of studies in and so that was really good. I love reading the scriptures and pondering about them. A lot of good things were learned. I learned such a big lesson this week and that was patience.. Sometimes I just want to go, go, go but then something happens and I get frustrated. But I have learned just to take things how they are. It is okay to take care of our bodies. I love being busy and so you could bet how this weekend was just sitting around and not doing anything.. It was really rough for me. But I learned that everything will be okay.

Another thing I learned as I was pondering about the old days and as I have been here in Germany. It is so important to surround yourself with good people. The people you surround yourself with are the way you are going to act. It is so important for us to choose good friends and to be able to stick up for what we believe. It is also important that we are converted and living the Gospel instead of just going to church and not getting anything out of it. We need to think about others and not ourselves. That brings happiness. And we can choose the way we react to things.

I love you all. I hope you have a great week and you find someone to serve this week. The time keeps going faster and faster. I miss you dearly but I know this is the work of the Lord and I am grateful I get to be a part of it.

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment