Monday, October 21, 2013

Hallo Wieder

Hey everyone, I’m so glad to hear everything is going good as always. This week was such a good week for us and it was so humbling for me. Sounds like the house was pretty busy with the two little boys there.. That is so cool. I am so excited to see them and meet McKade, but for now I got some work to do.

This week was absolutely a blur... We were so busy and always were doing something. Which is really good. One of the coolest things that happened of course was Akuas Baptism.. I told you the story last week about her and it just finished off well. She was so happy. While saying the baptismal prayer I had never been so humbled in my life. It was such a special feeling that I will never forget. The Lord is there and he loves his children and is very happy for them when they make this covenant. It’s amazing how baptism changes people’s lives. That really was such a cool experience for me and so cool to be a part of. The Lord is hastening his work and we have seen a couple experiences this week about that.
On Wednesday, Elder Smith and I were sitting on Bahnhof waiting for our train to head to Friedrichsdorf. We were sitting there and we saw this lady just sitting there so we decided to go talk to her. We learned that she is from Poland and that she is here working. She was actually super nice and asked what we were doing and we explained. We asked her about her family and she said that her husband had passed away. We continued to explain that we could live with our families for eternity. And we quickly set up an appointment for the next day. We met with her on Thursday with a senior couple that was here for their temple week. They both spoke really good German and it was such a cool feeling teaching her. We gave her a Polish Book of Mormon and so she has been reading in that. We are meeting with her Wednesday again so I will keep you guys updated on her.

That was the week in a nutshell. The work here is amazing. We are staying super busy and the German is finally coming along. I am so grateful for all the support and all the letters. Have an awesome week. Bis nächste Woche!

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment